Monday, July 27, 2009

Stephon Marbury is certifiably batshit crazy!



The above video is of Stephon Marbury, faded star of numerous NBA teams crying into a webcam. The video starts with the end of some random R&B track plays then the music switches to Kirk Franklin. Stephon goes into some sort of trance while one of his weed carries brags that they have it all (what exactly 'it' is I have no idea) from R&B to gospel. At about minute in Stephon starts crying while his homey sings wayyyy of key. For the next three or minutes Stephon cries while a mysterious hand consoles him.

What's disturbing about this video is not that Stephon Marbury is crying. He's had a rough couple of years with the death of his father and the dismantling of his career at his own hands. There's nothing wrong with a good cry every one in a while. Life is hard sometimes you can get down about things. So you put on some emotional music and cry it out. Whats disturbing is that first Stephon and his weed carriers decided to do this on camera. I mean they actually set up the camera and put on some crying music. I could imagine the conversation between Stephon and the Weed carrier before they attempted this stunt.

Marbury: Set up the camera and play that Kirk Fraknlin track track.
wc: You mean that one that makes you cry?
Marbury : Yeah I'm gonna show the people out there in the Internets that I'm not the selfish bastard everyone thinks I am. I am giving you my tears.
wc: *gives Marbury a blank look
Marbury : Just set up the damn camera. It's gonna be Internet history.
wc: *blinks

I guess the object was to show that Starbury is human and he has emotions but the fact of the matter it comes across as forced and yet another desperate grasp for attention. Worse this is simply sad. This is not what a 15 year veteran of the NBA should be doing for attention.
Last weekend, Stephon held a 48 hour live chat via US stream where he chatted with his fans and offered his opinions and thoughts on a variety of subjects. A window into the life of Stephon Marbuy .A sort of a 'lost weekend' of chat sessions. It didn't look happy. I watched some of it this past weekend (yeah I have no life too). I watched he was placing random items up in front of the camera perhaps in attempt to gain some advertising revenue. He bragged that he had 20 million dollars and that he didn't need the NBA. He admitted that he wasn't the best point guard in the NBA and talked up his exercise routine, as his weed carriers talk filmed everything.
Somewhere in his batshit mind he thought this entire was the perfect way to show the world who Stephon really is. The problem is that he came across as he always does, a selfish overrated fading star which a boulder-sized chip on his shoulder.
Originally I was going to write a long post detailing the ever increasing level of batshit craziness Stephon marbury has been involved in during his career. But after watching this video I only have sympathy. The saying is so true true that money cannot buy you happiness.
I truly hope that Stephon gets some help with his issues because in addition to making a complete joke out of his career. He's making one out of his life. Get some help brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
Writer, librarian, citizen of the world.