Friday, June 19, 2009

Good news ! Sade at work on a new album


I read recently that the elusive and always engaging Sade was at work in the studio on their latest album. They've even set up a website with some details here. This is their first album in almost a decade. Her last album Lovers Rock was released in 2000.
Hot shit am I all excited! Sade is one of my favorite groups, bar none. They(remember Sade is a band not just Helen Folsade Adu) have crafted a loungy, melancholy brand of British soul that's clearly their own. Sade is one of those groups that make albums every so often and when they are released it's like an event. Needless to say I'll be copping at least one copy whenever it drops.


2 comments:

  1. dmitry aka brooklyn jewJuly 1, 2009 at 7:27 AM

    Damn Willie I didnt know dat chick dat sings smooth operator looks like dis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. her band is also known as sweetback.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
Writer, librarian, citizen of the world.